08:30 – 5:00

Monday to Friday

5001 California Avenue, Suite 200


Your Bakersfield Mortgage Professional

March 21, 2023

08:30 – 5:00

Monday to Friday

5001 California Avenue, Suite 200


Loan App Checklist

In general, the documentation you will need includes:
We can make all of the necessary copies for you.
Property Information (if you already have a contract on a house)
Purchase Agreement.
Home owner’s insurance agent and contact information.
If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract.
If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement (HUD-1).

Income & Assets

Pay stubs for the last 30 days.
For the past two years:

Federal Tax Returns – all pages

W-2’s and/or 1099’s
Statements for each bank, IRA, 401k and/or investment account for the last 2 months (or last quarter).
If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:

Explanation and source for deposit.

If large deposit was a gift:

Signed gift letter (lender can supply).

Copy of gift check.

Copy of deposit receipt.
If you own more than 25% of a business:

Corporate or partnership Federal Tax returns for last 2 years
If self-employed:

Federal Tax returns for the last 2 years – all pages.

Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant.
If you own rental property:

Federal Tax returns for the last 2 years and current rental agreements.
If you are retired:

Pension Award Letter.
If you receive Social Security:

Social Security Award Letter.
If you are counting child support as income:

Copy of divorce settlement.

Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks.


Copy of all current mortgage statements.
Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:

Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens.

Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers).

VA Loans

Copy of DD Form 214


Photo ID and proof of Social Security number.
Residence addresses for the past two years.
If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree.
If you are not a citizen, your Permanent Resident Alien Card.